Just before 1 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6, 2023, a Tukwila Police detective spotted an occupied stolen vehicle in the 5800 block of S. 152nd Place (map below).
Using spike strips and an eventual foot pursuit, officers were able to apprehend and arrest the suspect.
Here’s more from Tukwila PD:
- Officers quickly responded and setup spike strips near the exit.
- Upon noticing the officers, the female suspect within the vehicle immediately fled.
- Officers successfully spiked the vehicle tires at which time the suspect continued to flee in the vehicle.
- Officers were able to locate the vehicle in the 4700 block of Southcenter Parkway, at which time the suspect fled on foot.
- After a brief foot pursuit, she was taken into custody.
- While running, the suspect tossed a bag containing a substance consistent with meth from her person and onto the ground.
Police say that suspect is a 32-year-old female from Tukwila with prior arrests and law enforcement contacts.