All are invited to Tukwila’s 3rd annual Juneteenth commemoration on Saturday, June 17, 2023, from 2 – 4 p.m.
This will be an outdoor event at the Sullivan Center (map below).
The event is a celebration of emancipation as well as an opportunity to honor African Americans through continued learning and understanding of the impacts of slavery and resiliency.
In 2020, Tukwila’s City Council adopted Resolution 1992, declaring that Juneteenth will be recognized in our community every year.
Here’s what to expect:
- Keynote: Reverend Dr. Kelle J. Brown
- Musical performance: Josephine Howell
- Performances by: Northwest Tap Connection, Double Dutch Divas
- Food available for purchase from The Original Philly’s
A special thanks to the FHS Black Student Union.
To find out more about this event, please contact [email protected] or call 206-658-7849.
“We hope to see you there!”
- WHEN: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 2 – 4 p.m.
- WHERE: Outdoor event at the Sullivan Center, 14350 Tukwila International Blvd.:
Join us Saturday, June 17 for Tukwila’s 3rd annual commemoration of Juneteenth
Saturday, June 17 – 2:00 to 4:00pm
Outdoor event at the Sullivan Center
14350 Tukwila International Blvd
We hope to see you there! pic.twitter.com/AszLZPXJyV
— City of Tukwila (@CityofTukwila) May 22, 2023